Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Weather

So, as most of you know, I live in Arkansas. I love the spring weather, most of the time. The last few weeks have been rainy and stormy. Arkansas is in tornado alley, but where I live, in the Northwest corner, we do not see many tornados. My hometown has seen its fair share in my lifetime. When the weather turns bad I usually am not very concerned. Last week it was going to be the end of the world according to the meteorologists on the news. They acted like this is the worst weather EVER. Of course, nothing happened in Northwest Arkansas or Arkansas really for that matter. My hometown did not have anything either, but the tornado sirens did go off there.

Yesterday, as the end of the world part 2 was coming, Michael was working from home with me. It got really dark outside fast, so I thought let’s turn on the news. I love our weather people, they made Michael and I die laughing. They always say here is a big storm and oh here it is over there. It is all, oh so dramatic. I guess if something did happen, then they could say “We said it first.” I can remember people being really upset after a tornado struck my hometown in 1996 and the people had no warning. So, they now make every storm seem like the worst thing this area has ever seen. The only problem I ever have with the over dramatization is when it interrupts my favorite TV shows.

Where we live we did get a very very nice hailstorm. The weather people said we were getting dime size hail, but they were wrong. We were getting golf ball size hail. See picture below. My brave, crazy husband went into the yard while it was hailing and grabbed some to get a picture. I took a short video of the hail, but you really can’t tell much. After it was over, we didn’t see even a fraction of the storms we were supposed to see. In fact, the sun came out right after. The one person who enjoyed the hail the most was our dog. Gabby, loves ICE. What dog doesn’t love their water flavored popsicles. She was in doggie heaven, cleaning up our yard.
Michael holding hail from our front yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.