Saturday, April 2, 2011

April 1st = GOOD DAY

So, I got home late Thursday night and I was exhausted!! Work was good for the second week in a row I was flying in and out of Seattle, which is perfectly fine with me. I am working on a post for all you traveling people or even people who think it would be fun to travel all the time...look for that next week.

Friday, was a busy day at the home office. I had a lot of work to do plus some catching up around the house. I needed to run a few places, but found time in the afternoon. My birthday is tomorrow but I got a ton of stuff in the mail yesterday, which made my slow tired day go 10x better. The mail lady probably thinks I am crazy, but she came to the door yesterday with a few packages. I was actually on the phone with my mom, so I signed and took the packages/mail to the kitchen counter where I proceeded to get VERY VERY excited. First thing I noticed was a package from Bella International. I squealed with delight and told my mom I got diamond earrings from Michael for my birthday. HAHA! Don't have things delivered to your house if you don't want your wife to know. My mom of course told me, I probably wasn't supposed to know, but I told Michael I wanted some awhile back and I knew Bella International on the from was them. Bella International is the guy/company in Chicagoland where we got my wedding ring, and our bands. The guy that owns it is a friend of a friend, but now I won't buy jewelry from anyone else EVER. So, of course knowing all that information means I got jewelry without even opening the package. I called Michael immediately, so he could enjoy my over-excitement and he told me to go ahead and open it. I opened it and it was what I asked for...YAY! I was also super excited to receive in the mail two birthday cards from Michael's grandparents and great-grandparents. All of my grandparents are gone, so I told Michael in my overly gitty voice that it was like I had grandparents again.

I was also very excited to receive a package from a company that I sent two old 5.25 floppy disks that my grandpa Jack had put old family pictures on. I know I am a nerd. I love genealogy, but it runs in my family, both sides. So, I have a family tree on ancestry, which is a constant work in progress. I knew my grandfather had pictures of my GGGgrandparents somewhere and I received the floppy disks from my cousin and proceeded to figure out a way to get the photos off to add to our family tree. The answer came with a quick Google search and a website called floppydisk.com. I sent these disks off and yesterday received them back along with a CD. I think there were just one too many great items in the mail for me yesterday. Anyway, I added all the new old pictures to the family tree and I love it! Some of the pictures are so old and some of the people actually look kind of scary, but since it took ten years to take a photo back then I would not be very happy at the end either. I added two below just so everyone can see my nerdy joy.
Great Great Grandfather - Michael thinks he looks like me
Picture was most likely taken in the early 1900s

Great Great Great Grandfather
Late 1800s

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.