Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hard Week But…

We have had a hard week here at our house. Poor baby Mason is cutting his top two 2 year molars. Yup that’s right 2 year molars at 17 months. So what does that mean? It means we have been dealing with diarrhea since last Friday. All weekend, several times a day my poor poopy baby. It was bad until Monday.

Here is my rant. He went to school Monday, his little booty was still in tact. I get a call from them at 4:00 saying he had 4 loose stools. I had already called the doctor and she confirmed it was most likely from teeth. No fever…no other symptoms. Eating great…drinking great. They said his booty was hurting so I went to pick him up. I wish I could share what his little bottom looked like. My kiddo was walking around like he rode a horse for days. He wouldn’t sit on his bottom. It looked like a 2nd degree burn. I tried a warm bath, but he screamed. He cried big tears each time I changed his poor diaper. I was a little hacked at school. They have a system for changing diapers. It typically means diapers are  not changed necessarily when they NEED to be. I am sure he sat in poop longer than he should have sat. His bottom didn’t have problems on Saturday or Sunday when I changed him immediately after a poop. I went in Tuesday and said change him every hour. EVERY.SINGLE.HOUR. They have and it finally appears a little better to me this morning.

20140623_183328

I can’t stand his little tears from pain. It was killing me. BUT!! Thank goodness for Gabby. I swear she just makes Mason feel so much better. Where ever you see one the other is not far behind. Gabby has to go up each morning to see Mason. I think the second Mason is in a big boy bed that Gabby will be sleeping with him.

20140625_170321

Also, on a positive note. I asked Mason Sunday if he had to go poopoo and he told me yes. And HE DID IT!!! I think this is a huge step for future potty training. He is still a little young to start, but fortunately we can start having that conversation!! We went to the doctor Wednesday and found out he is 34” Tall. WOW! People kept telling me he looked like he grew in a week, but it is harder to tell now.  He went from 32.75” at 15 months to 34” at 17 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.