Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mason 17 Months

20140607_165600

Weight: Last time I weighed him he was 26.5lbs, but I am pretty sure that has increased at this point…not by much though.

Height: We go next month for a check up and I will be intrigued to see if he is taller.

Eats: Mason loves fruit. Really all fruit. Not my child. I hate fruit. And he doesn’t really care for sweets. Definitely not my child. If I am eating cake or brownie or cookie, he wants a bite, but a bite is all he really cares about.

What he is enjoying: Mason is loving the pool and being outside. He throws a fit every.single.time we go inside the house. He begs and says OUTSIDE OUTSIDE and stand at the backdoor. We are trying to find a swingset with slide for him.

Teeth: 14 teeth total. We have officially gotten the top canine teeth. Those teeth have been the worst ones to come in so far. Is it too soon for the 2 year molars to start coming in? My baby has been chewing far back and been not so happy about life.

Talking: Our little man is starting to say sentences. He told me I get it the other day in reference to going to get Gabby’s toy that we threw for her. I asked him the other day if I hurt his feelings and he said I hurt. He is repeating everything. He will tell you to sit and it is so cute. Random words he has learned…Octopus, Walrus.

What’s new this month? My new favorite thing Mason has been doing is taking my hand (or anyone's) and taking them to what he wants or where he wants to go. He grunts and makes noise that he is telling you to hurry up. He is also getting good at knowing yes and no and using it in the right way. If you ask him if he wants milk he says yes and shakes his head and then will take me to the fridge. He is starting to get pooping in the diaper. I can ask him and he will say yes and sometimes he will back his booty up for me to check.

Snuggle time doesn’t happen very often. He was sleepy here. 20140608_110945[1]

Now to share a funny video. I caught a frog in the yard to show Mason and I thought he would love it. No way. My kiddo was afraid of it and DID NOT like me touching it. I tried to get him to hold it but he would not. He also would jump when the frog jumped.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love this age, it is so much fun to watch them grow and learn, simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.