Monday, June 16, 2014

Weekend in Review

Man this weekend was a whirlwind of fun! My weekend started Thursday night. I was in a wedding this weekend and Thursday some of the girls went to get mani/pedis. I took off work on Friday and spent the day with Mason and my Dad. It was actually a lot of fun. We took Mason to the park and he would slide and swing. He was also really into watching the other kids play and trying to do what they did. Mason and I went home and took a long afternoon nap together. It was amazing. I needed the nap and so did Mason.

My Dad read stories to Mason to help out on Thursday so I could get some work done. 20140612_152351Swinging at the park. Always has his mouth open while swinging. 20140613_085524On Saturday, we had the wedding!! It was sooooooo much fun. Here is the only shot of the bride from my phone. I have some pictures I will share later, but this is pre-wedding waiting. I have to say my favorite part of the wedding was watching Mason at the reception stalk Cara. I mean the boy followed her around for a good hour. I think he thought she was a princess, even though he doesn’t know what that is, and I think he really loved her shoes. He kept pointing to her shoes and then would tap his shoe to show her his shoes and once tried to take his off as if to say lets trade. More on the wedding later…stay tuned. It was a good one.20140614_165216Sunday, we went back home. I think all of us were exhausted and it was raining so we had family snuggles. Since it was Father’s Day we had plans to go to the Natural’s baseball game at night. Mason took a three hour nap and was in a great mood. GREAT! Prior to leaving to go to the game he really wanted to swim. The pool was actually cool but we let him swim around for a bit. IMG_20140615_134339The whole family went to the game. My family and Michael’s family. Here is a shot of Mason and his cousin. I am guessing they are telling secrets. More like she is telling Mason what to do. He mimics her whenever they are together. He truly loves her.20140615_191159Here is Mason and his Papaw. He just loves his Nana and Papaw and I was so glad to spend most of the weekend with them. Mason obviously was enjoying it too. 20140615_200642Cousin Lindsey is in town for a visit too! Mason is loving having her in person and not just on Skype. 20140615_201053And of course for Father’s Day 2014, we have to have a picture of both of my boys together. Look at those smiles!!! When I look at this picture it just feels me with such joy. Mason truly has a special relationship with his Daddy. Plus they both LOVE baseball.20140615_201453

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.