Monday, October 6, 2014

Baby #2 - Week 11

Let’s talk about Baby #2. Sperry2_10_06_2014_5724.NEF

I found out I was pregnant right at the 4 week mark. I was already sick. I called my mom and told her I thought I was pregnant. She said you always think you are pregnant. Yes Yes Mom this is true, but if I am not pregnant why have I wanted to vomit everyday for the last few days. So, while Michael was out playing golf and Mason was napping I took a test and sure enough it said pregnant. I was shocked, but mostly excited. I couldn’t wait to tell Michael, but I did wait until he came home.

How far along? 11 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 3 lbs.
Maternity clothes? No. But trust me the bump is way bigger at this point than the last time. So I expect spandex is in my future. 
Stretch marks? No-Thank goodness.
Sleep: I have been sleeping a lot and hard. I wake up at least one time a night, but sometimes twice or more, to pee, so that is disturbing my sleep. Bedtime falls right after I put Mason to sleep, which is 8pm. Yikes. 
Best moment this week: I had to have an ultrasound this week. I was worried about some cramping so they had me come in for a heartbeat check, but instead of a just a heartbeat, I got to see my blob. 
Miss Anything? This is going to sound weird, or not, but I smelled Michael’s beer on Friday, from holding it, and I wanted to take a drink SOOOOO bad. 
Movement: No movement yet, and that is by far the worst part of the first trimester. No reassurance about the baby growing.
Food cravings: I crave a lot right now. Sweets mostly. I really like chocolate bars with the rice crispy in them. I also see food on TV and then want it whatever it is. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been super sick with this pregnancy. I thought I was sick with Mason throwing up until 22 weeks, but this time nothing is helping. The Zofran doesn’t help and they gave me Phenergan but that just knocks me out. I usually wake up feeling dizzy and still sick.
Feelings: I am very excited about baby #2. I am getting Mason excited too. If you ask him if he wants a brother or sister he always says sissy. It is cute. He will also point to my belly if you ask him where a baby is. Adorable.   
Gender: We are not going to find out what we are having again. I so want to know, but I had that the last time too and I enjoyed finding out in the operating room.
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Michael says I have been moody. People have been annoying me easily. So I hide in my room and sleep. It makes it easier when you take a nap everyday.  
Looking forward to: Feeling the baby move for the first time. It will be the first of many movements to come. I want Mason to be able to feel the baby. I think it will help him understand more about the baby.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Looking forward to reading all of your "bump-dates" for the next few months!

    ReplyDelete

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.