Thursday, October 16, 2014

Early Pregnancy Thoughts

I am writing this today, the week I found out I am expecting baby #2, even though I know I will not post until I, at least hit the 12 weeks mark.

We were trying to get pregnant. I say trying because when you aren’t using any protection you are trying to get pregnant…okay okay…you may not be trying but you are definitely not trying NOT to get pregnant. I figured it would take a long time to get pregnant. Honestly, with Mason, it took 10 long horrible months. It was stressful and just awful. I started hating all women who said oops I got pregnant and we were only trying for a month. Seriously, don’t say those things to anyone. You don’t know if I woman is struggling with fertility, but all the ones I know (personally) hate to hear those things. It is a lot harder to get pregnant than not get pregnant. You can be excited, you can jump up and down…just respect what you say to other ladies. So, off of my soapbox.

Second time around, didn’t take nearly as long as the first time. Last week, I started feeling nauseous. I was talking to a good friend and I said, “Stress level HIGH! Vomit level Medium-High (just don't walk into the bathroom and everything stays in the stomach)! Back pain low! Headache...YES! I think I need a blood pressure check.” Then I told her I am making up symptoms in my head. I did that see, last time I was trying to get pregnant, for 10 months I drove my husband cray cray during the TWW. She asked when my best friend is due and I said a week, no way I am having symptoms. Don’t waste a test…Don’t waste a test. That’s what I kept saying to myself. I made it until the day before my monthly visitor was scheduled. Sunday. I decided to take a test while the hubby was golfing and Mason was sleeping. I kept saying this is silly it is going to say not pregnant. I get the digital ones. Those lines ones are horrible…is that a line or not!!!!

I didn’t have to wait long to see the results. That says pregnant. I immediately called my friend I had talked to the last week. Yes, not my husband. He was golfing. Trust me, one he didn’t care I told her first and two he would not have wanted me to call with that news on the golf course. Plus he was with his brother and we don’t like to tell people until 10 weeks or until we have had an ultrasound. Yes, I know I told my friend, but that doesn’t count. I had to tell someone. Plus Michael says it is my body and I can tell whoever I want. haha. Good husband. Unfortunately, my friend had been struggling with some pregnancy issues, but she squealed with me and helped me come up with a way to tell the hubby. I had plans to do that with Mason, but by the time I saw a positive pregnancy test I was just so excited I called him while he was driving to work.

I got his lovely reaction on video this time. Last time, he asked me how I knew…duh honey the pregnancy test that says pregnant is a pretty good giveaway. This time I got a shocked face and him saying really! Michael and I are both very excited to have a new bundle join out family come April 2015.

I will say I am glad I wasn’t making up symptoms. I will say I don’t remember being nauseous this early with Mason, even though, I was super sick for 22 weeks with him. Maybe this means the sickness won’t last as long this time. I think my nausea started at about week 10 and went until week 22. I am at week 4 and it is daily and it is on and off ALL day! I am also exhausted. Always. Naptime daily please? I wish. I am having lower back pain and a little cramping. Both are symptoms I did not have before. Boo.

We have decided once again to not find out what we are having. This will drive me crazy again, but it is so fun not knowing too. I am hoping for a little girl this time. When I ask Mason do you want a bubba or sister he always says sissy. Yay! He is right there with me. Michael says for me he hopes it is a girl. I have just always wanted one of each. I have also been talking to my belly and telling it to not grow a penis.

BabySperry2_08_21_2014_5422.NEF

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.