Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 13-Baby #2

Baby#2_10_20_2014_11.NEF

How far along? 13 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 2.5 lbs. (according to home scale)
Maternity clothes? No. I have probably 3 pairs of jeans I can still button, and I am loving leggings right now. That’s the best part of fall. I can throw on leggings and an oversized shirt and make it work.
Stretch marks? No-Lotion lotion lotion. I am more worried about it this time. I feel like my belly and other parts are expanding a lot faster than before.
Sleep: This last week has been horrible. I have to pee 3 times a night and on top of the constant bathroom breaks, I have had a horrible cough. The doctor think it is allergies, and told me take Benadryl so I am knocked out, until I start choking/coughing.
Best moment this week: I haven’t had an exciting new baby week. Been pretty boring, but I am very exciting about the fact that my husband bought me a new Jeep Grand Cherokee.  
Miss Anything? Nothing this week. I am realizing as my belly expands it is going to be very hard to place Mason in his crib for bedtime.  
Movement: No movement yet.
Food cravings: Pasta, carbs. Yes please! I could eat pasta of any kind daily, three times a day. It is soooo good. I am still wanting sweets. Chocolate for dessert please.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: I had a really good week, until Sunday. I waited too long to make myself some lunch. I immediately felt sick and had to take a nap to kind of get over it. I slept for an hour Sunday, and then was asleep by 8pm. 
Feelings: Nervous. Worried. I think it is going to be so difficult on Mason to adjust to not being the center of our world. Sharing is going to be difficult. It makes me sad to think about how he is going to feel. It will be good for him, but also so hard. 
Gender: Not finding out. Yay for surprises!
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Emotional. Tears and crying. A lot. Stupid TV commercials and shows.   
Looking forward to: I am beyond ready for movement. I felt my first flutter with Mason at about 13 weeks. It felt like a flutter and it was different then anything else at that point. I remember calling a friend to ask about it and she said it sounded like I felt movement. Of course, I didn’t have that feeling again for 3 more weeks after that. I need that verification of there is something inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.