Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Big Purchases

We are in the process of a bunch of big purchases. We bought a new computer last week. It has been a stressful month. My computer died. We had it for a long time, at least 5 years. We had replaced the battery once, and even with the newer battery after about a year you could not use it longer than 30 minutes before it would die. Then I am pretty sure it got a virus. It was past due. We are money conscious and hate spending a lot of money, but we are about to spend a lot. Last week, I got an email from Best Buy about one day sale. They had a Dell listed for $375. What. No way. I told Michael heck, if it only last two years if would be better then spending $1000. I have been using it for a week and love it. When I brought it home, Michael said, did they give you the wrong one…this is nice!

Now on to the big purchase #2. We need a new car. This has been stressful. Michael changed jobs, and his new job didn’t come with a company car. It is very sad. We have had no car payments for 4+ years and it is hard to make a decision. One there are a ton of vehicles on the market and to get what we want we have to pay a lot more than 4 years ago. We want a new SUV for our expanding family. Two car seats and a dog, along with all the baby stuff needs to fit. We already drive a Highlander. I love it. I don’t really want to have two of the same car, even though the new Highlanders are great. I think we are leaning towards a new Jeep Grand Cherokee. I used to drive a Grand Cherokee while I was in college and loved it. I rarely had problems with it and always felt safe. They have made some much needed improvements in the 2014 models, so I think we have decided. Here is my problem. Finding the exact one we want. I want blue or red, and overland or summit. It has been almost impossible to find what we want. Fingers are crossed we find it by this weekend. Michael is tired of driving his Mom’s Tahoe, which he says is too big.   via Jeep.com

Did I mention I need new tires on my Highlander before winter? I have needed them for awhile now, but keep putting it off. I am switching cars with my Mom this weekend and she is going to take them to my favorite tire place in my hometown. That’s really why it has taken me so long to get it done. I wanted to take it home and let the one tire place I trust take care of my tires. Is that bad? Drive an hour just to get new tires. Oh well, it is worth it.

All of this money spending is sending us into convulsions. We have the money, we just really hate spending it. This is why we had hand me down furniture for years. Last year was the first time Michael and I had purchased living room furniture ourselves. We have been together for 8 years. If it works why get a new one. We splurge from time to time, but mostly on clothes (big spending) and things for Mason. It is hard to realize we have to have a car payment again, and insurance, and pay for gas again. Sad. Oh Well. I am excited about driving a Jeep again. Keep your fingers crossed for us to find what we want by this weekend. We need to do some checking off of our to dos list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

My photo
Michael and I have been together since 2006. We met in college at the University of Arkansas and began our life together. We bought a house and moved to Fayetteville from the Chicagoland area in November 2009. We were married in 2010 and had our first child, a boy, in 2013. Our favorite thing to do together is travel and we have gotten the opportunity to go to lots of fun places. We are working, breathing, playful parents. Our fur baby and child are the center of our crazy life, but we wouldn't have it any other way.